Thursday, March 11, 2010

Time To Take Some Profits!

I am going to write an expanded post tomorrow, but for right now I want to announce that I am going to take some profits on two stocks: Citigroup ($4.18/share close) which is up 25.46% year to date, and United States Steel ($60.42/share close), which is up 36.98% since my purchase on February 4th. Nobody ever lost money taking profits, and this move frees up $2,591.60 in cash from the sale. When added to the current cash balance of $70.65 that was not previously invested, my cash balance of my portfolio is $2,662.25. I still like the long-term story of both of these stocks, and will look for a pullback to buy back in at a later time. As of right now, as I will detail in a later post, I think the market is overbought in the near term. My $10,000 starting balance is now worth $10,748.57, (7.49% total portfolio gain, a little over 8% on the invested balance, if you're keeping score at home) and I will look to build on that in the time ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment