Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! 2011 Is Here!

Happy New Year everybody!  If you have been reading this blog regularly, thanks for your patronage.  If you are new to the blog, please keep reading as I make new content available.  If you've been reading regularly, you know that this marks the one year mark of this blog.  I love writing this blog, and look forward to many more years doing so.

As it is a new year, it is customary for people to write down their goals.  Well, I am not different, so here are my top five goals for "Invest.  Get Rich" in 2011:
1)  Beat the market.  I will post my total performance for 2010 within the next few days.  However, the goal of this blog has been, and will continue to be, to provide stock picks and investing advice which consistently beat the market.  2011 will be no different.  As I continue to research the markets and refine my investing knowledge and strategies, I am hopeful that my success rate will continue to improve.

2)  Increase my Alexa rank.  I posted a while back that I was taking the Yakezie Challenge, and as part of that challenge my Alexa rank must increase (or decrease, depending on how you look at it) quite a bit.  Please help me in this challenge.  Currently I sit somewhere north of 6,000,000 - not good.

3)  Post more frequently.  A few times this year I took extended sabbaticals.  I am going to try my best this year to make sure that does not happen.

4)  Post more content on strategy.  I started this blog to help people learn how to invest, and more specifically, pick stocks.  While much of the content on this site is focused on the trades I make and the blog's portfolio, in 2011 I want to make sure I get more into the "why", as opposed to the "what".

5)  Increase the revenue produced by this blog.  Part of this will be achieved through heavier traffic to the site.  If you're reading this, please take a look around and notice the ads and the paid posts around this blog.  The advertisers are what help to keep this blog free to everybody.  So, please, please, please click on the links and check out some of the great content provided by the advertisers, I'd greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment