Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Time To Get Short!

I have been writing for a few weeks now that I am beginning to get bearish on the market in the short term.  That doesn't mean I am bearish on the economy on the market, it just means that I foresee a correction coming, and I want to profit from it.  As such, here is what I am going to do...

I have an order in to purchase a January 2011 SPY (Ticker - $SPY) $127/$120 PUT spread at $2.86.  As you know, the SPY is the ETF that tracks the performance of the S&P 500.  If the order fills today, I am going to add four positions to the portfolio, using about $1,144 of my available cash. 

You can follow me on Twitter to get the status on this trade.  I will be updating this space in the next few days to fill you in on the portfolio's progress.  Happy trading!

No comments:

Post a Comment