Thursday, September 16, 2010

Why Do You Blog?

Please subscribe to email updates to this blog!  The link to do so is at the right hand side of this page.  While you’re at it, follow me on Twitter!

This is a paid post. 
I am writing this post to tell you why I blog.  I needed a creative outlet where I could share my investing thoughts and experiences.  While my long-term goal is to open my own hedge fund, and run money, that is not happening anytime soon.  This is the next best thing.

Ironically, shortly after beginning this blog, it came to my attention that you can get paid to blog.  This was a new revelation for me.  There are many ways to make money blogging, some of them I use, some of them I don’t.  Among them are Google AdSense, Adwords, private advertisers, or blog advertising.  While my blog covers popular topics, I have found it a chore to get the word out about this page, and to use specific keywords so my blog would get noticed.  (Called SEO.  If you don’t know what that is, check here)

So far, the best means to make money blogging that I have found is the Blog Advertising Store.  It’s easy to sign up (it took me less than a day), and they feed you opportunities for paid posts (like this one) regularly.  When you’re done, you post the link to their website, and they send funds to your PayPal.  It’s pretty easy.  They also have a blog, check it out here.

I write this blog because I love finance, and the world of investing.  The fact that blogs can make money is a bonus.  If you are reading this blog, and you currently write one of your own, I encourage you to post your experiences in the “comments” section of this page for all to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment